Book your Manila flight with ANA, Japan’s 5-star airline, and enjoy the finest experience through the skies.
Manila is the capital of the Philippines and the country’s center for business, education and tourism. Despite its history of adversities, the city has managed to regrow and thrive as one of Asia’s most prominent mega cities. As such, Manila displays a fusion of both a modern city with tall skyscrapers and large malls, and a developing urban center with shanty towns and overly-congested traffic.
Things to see in Manila
- Walk within the historic walled city of Intramuros to find the Philippines’ oldest religious building, the San Agustín Church, with a rich interior filled with historic objects and designs.
- Tour the National Museum of Anthropology, also known as the Museum of the Filipino People, and discover the vast collection of ancient Philippine antiquities including salvaged items from the wreck of San Diego and the skull of the first Philippine inhabitant, ‘Tabon Man’.
- Visit the city’s famous Fort Santiago and walk through the beautiful gardens, fountains, plazas and ponds located around the fort.
- Divisoria Market is a great option for all food lovers. Located in the Pasay Seafood Market, make sure to not miss this spot suring your stay in Manila
Manila travel tips
- There is so much to see in the Philippines’ capital city, but there is some social etiquette you might want to keep in mind.
- When dealing with locals, avoid raising your voice or showing any type of frustration as it is considered ‘losing face’.
- Unlike in western culture, at social engagements it’s best to be a little late, as it is considered impolite to arrive on time.
- You will need to show a return flight ticket or ticket for a flight bound for a third country when passing through Immigration.Please be noticed that passengers without a paper ticket or a printed Itinerary Receipt will be refused to enter.
- Look for the free airport shuttle from terminal to terminal
- Know the exchange rate
- Pre-book your transfer from the airport
- Get a free tourist sim card on arrival
- Know the rush hour times in Manila and try to avoid them
Manila travel tips
The best time to travel to Manila is during its dry season, being December and February the cooler summer months.
The busiest month for tourism in Manila, the Philippines is January, followed by April and May. Prices for hotels and flights will be most expensive during these months, though you can save if you purchase well in advance. Tourists are unlikely to visit Manila in December. Those willing to visit at these times will likely find it the least expensive month.
All flights operated by ANA will arrive at Terminal 3 of Manila Airport.
The airport is located within downtown Manila, avoiding rush hours, a car ride to city center should take approximately 30 minutes.
Book your flight to Manila with ANA and let your journey begin from the minute you board the plane!