Vancouver to Okinawa
Round trip | Economy
*Prices have been available for round trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Find & Book ANA Flights to Okinawa (OKA)
Start your journey the perfect way—pick ANA for your flights to Okinawa and enjoy the finest 5-star experience.
Okinawa Island is a Japanese island located on the East China Sea. This long-stretched island unveils another side of Japan we never see. With big blue shores filled with coral reefs and smooth sandy beaches, Okinawa is the ultimate beach getaway destination.
Things to see in Okinawa
- A popular sightseeing spot is the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. It has one of the world’s largest tanks where you can see huge whale sharks swimming peacefully.
- The Shuri castle is also a great spot to go. The vermilion structure looks gorgeous against the blue Okinawan sky. If you want to experience Okinawa’s traditional culture, go to Ryukyu Mura.
- Visit the Okinawa Prefectural Museum & Art Museum, located in the Omoromachi District of Naha, which displays Okinawa’s natural history, culture and art. It is considered one of Japan’s best museums.
- Walk through the Tsuboya Pottery Street and discover beautiful Okinawan ceramics and containers which serve a local liquor called ‘awamori’.
- Discover one of Okinawa’s oldest remnants dating back to the 12th Located on the top of a hill in central Okinawa Hontō, the ruins of Katsuren Castle offer a breathtaking view of the sea and also serve as one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites.
- If you want to experience Okinawa’s traditional culture, go to Ryukyu Mura. There are many activities to enjoy, such as making a hand-formed lion dog or seeing traditional Okinawan folk dance.
- The best place for shopping in Okinawa Outlet Mall Ashibinaa. You can purchase various souvenirs of Okinawa.
- Nakagusuku Castle Ruins, Cape Manza, The Ruins of Katsuren Castle, Shikinaen are some of the great sightseeing spots in Okinawa.
Okinawa travel tips
- There are no trains in Okinawa, but buses and monorails serve as means of public transportation.
- As you tour the city, keep in mind that smoking is prohibited in most places.
- Littering is strictly not tolerated and there are designated garbage cans for all types of trash.
Enjoy the Okinawan cuisine! A must-have is Okinawa soba noodles. Goya Champuru (stir-fried bitter gourd) and Jushi seasoned rice are typical homemade dishes in Okinawa.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Okinawa is both late spring (March to May) and fall (September to December). Beware of typhoon season, which is May to October. Typhoon often strike Okinawa especially in the month of August.
To get from Okinawa Airport to the city center please consider the following options:
- Monorail: Takes approximately 30 minutes to get to Shuri station with an average cost of 330 yen (~$3 USD) operating from 6:00 to 23:30 hours.
- Buses: Pickup is in Terminal Bldg. 1F to various hotels in the city. Time to destination could be from 30 minutes to 175 minutes, depending on the area you are going to. With an estimated fare that ranges between 160-2,500 yen (~$1.50 USD to ~$23 USD).
- Taxi: From the Okinawa airport to Kokusai street, the general fare is approximately 1,800 yen (~$17 USD) and they operate 24 hours.
Make your trip to Japan memorable and book your Okinawa flight with ANA for a remarkable and comfortable journey.
Powered by : OpenWeatherMap.org
Wed Jan 29, 2020
Thu Jan 30, 2020
Fri Jan 31, 2020
Sat Feb 01, 2020
Sun Feb 02, 2020
sky is clear
Mon Feb 03, 2020
Tue Feb 04, 2020